‘Gunbrella’ Is a Noir-Punk Adventure From The ‘Gato Roboto’ Dev
During the Indie World Showcase today, publisher Devolver Digital announced Gunbrella, a new ‘neo-noir’ action adventure title from developer Doinksoft, who created the charming metroidvania Gato Roboto. We’ve only got a vague ‘2023’ release window for this one, so it’s likely going to be a while before it’s in our hands.
Here’s some info from the game’s Steam page:
Gunbrella is a noir-punk action-adventure set in a world dependent on a rapidly diminishing natural resource. Players take the role of a gruff woodsman on a quest for revenge, armed with the mysterious Gunbrella: a firearm that doubles as an umbrella. His investigation becomes entangled with the inner workings of ghouls and gangsters, cops and cutlists, and the fallout of corporate exploitation.
– Engage in side-scrolling action combat with a focus on maneuverability and close-quarters gunplay. Your gun is also a movement tool. Use the umbrella to glide, swing, dash, and dive
– Interrogate and speak to a cast of bizarre characters. What you learn is recorded in your investigative notebook
– Manage your resources. Find scrap and spare parts to trade for different munitions and upgrades.
– Explore various locations from a small town menaced by cult kidnappings, to a junkyard-turned-fortress ruled by a trash gang, and maybe even the mythical city of Avalon, where it’s rumored that you can still see the sky.
– Uncover the mysteries of the supernatural as wraiths and monstrosities materialize in places where blood has been shed…
What do you think of Gunbrella? Share your thoughts in the comments below.