Unsend email with iPhone: How to fix misfires in Mail on iOS 16
The Mail app gets multiple handy upgrades with iOS 16. One of the new features is the ability to stop email from being delivered after hitting the send button. Read along for a hands-on look at how it works to unsend email with iPhone on iOS 16.
Apple’s Mail app has gotten a range of new features with iOS 16. Some of the major ones are the option to Send Later, Remind Later, and even unsend email if you act quickly enough.
Below we’ll focus on how it works to unsend email on iPhone.
iOS 16 is currently available as a developer beta. The free public iOS 16 beta is scheduled to launch in July. Learn more about installing iOS 16 in our full guide.
Unsend email with iPhone: How it works in iOS 16
Important: the unsend email option is only available for a very short window after hitting send
- Running iOS 16 on iPhone, open the Mail app
- Immediately after sending an email, look at the bottom of your screen
- Choose Undo Send – only available for 7-10 seconds after sending an email – but may depend on your internet connection
- You’ll see the email draft again, choose Cancel in the top left corner to unsend the email
- You can confirm the email was not sent by looking at your Sent folder – and it will be saved in your Drafts folder
Here’s how the process looks to unsend email with iPhone:
As mentioned above, you’ll only get the chance to unsend email if you catch it immediately after hitting the send button. In my early testing, the button disappeared after 7 seconds.
Once you tap the “Undo Send” button, you’ll see the email draft again, just tap “Cancel” as shown below. Then you can edit or just delete the unsent email from your Drafts folder.
Thanks for reading our guide on how to unsend email with iPhone in iOS 16!
Read more on iOS 16:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.